|Name:||Veterans and Family Hub Assistant|
|Organisation:||Improving Lives Plymouth|
|Location:||Ernest English House, Buckwell Street, Plymouth, Devon, PL1 2DA|
We ask for a level of commitment from our volunteers and are looking for 3-6 hours per week. However we can be flexible to accommodate our volunteers' other commitments.
We are looking for a committed volunteer to act as first point of contact in the Veterans and Family Hub. You will provide a listening ear, support, information and signposting.
You will also have the opportunity to develop the role alongside the development of the Hub.
- Welcome and relate to all new and existing veterans and family members that come through the hub
-Determine the nature of the persons query and where appropriate, provide information to assist them in resolving their problem
- Provide information, signpost and refer clients appropriately both internally and externally with the help and guidance of the hub team.
- Undertake general admin and support duties including assisting the hub team with uploading information and data onto the computer system
- Other agreed tasks as the hub develops.
Improving Lives Plymouth has been supporting people in Plymouth since 1907 with information, advice and practical support.
Our Charity's Vision
Supporting our service users to improve their quality of life.
To help individuals to shape their own solutions for a better quality of life by providing appropriate and accessible health and social care services.
To assist in the development of other voluntary and community organisations, particularly through enabling volunteering.
We have 8 service areas which are:
Volunteer Connections, Veterans Care Navigation Service, Sensory Solutions,
Long-Term Conditions Self-Management, Information and Advice,
Caring for Carers, Better Futures and Active for All
Visit https://www.improvinglivesplymouth.org.uk/ to find out more about our sevices
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Good communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Empathetic and sensitivity to the needs of others and respects for views, values and cultures that may be different to your own
- Understanding and respect for confidentiality
- Basic computer skills
- Gain experience in offering face to face information
- Improve communication skills
- Computer and administration experience
- Enhance employability
- Support personal learning and development
- Opportunity for professional development
- Opportunity to engage in social activities
|Special Needs:||Yes but will assess on an individual basis to ascertain whether we can provide appropriate support|
|Training:||YES - full induction and training is provided|
Application form, DBS Check, Informal discussion, References, Trial Period